Are you passionate about helping customers achieve more? Do you enjoy leading and developing people? Would you like to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you want to help lead our people as we accelerate our own transformation towards a digital organization? If so, the Support Engineering Manager (SEM) position for BI & Data Platform Asia support, in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) Organization is a unique career opportunity for you! The Data & Enterprise Cloud commercial support team provides excellent technical support experience to our Enterprise customers both on premise and in the cloud. From problem identification to full resolution, we own and handle technical customer issues. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience. This includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft’s customers using BI & Data Platform suite of products. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to approach challenges unconventionally.
• Are curious and intuitive in their approach
• Have a genuine desire to help people become their best
• Have a passion for working with customers to solve business problems
• Like to collaborate in multicultural environments
• Are not afraid to take risks, motivate others and celebrate wins, both big and small At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally.
EAs a Support Engineering Manager, you will:
• Ensure your team builds the deep technical expertise, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to support our customers effectively
• Conduct employee assessment discussions, provide coaching, share feedback regularly and partner with employees on career development.
• Manage all aspects of customer support delivery, including daily operations, scheduling, meetings and addressing customer feedback.
• Foster a strong partnership between the BI & Data Platform support teams and its stakeholders in other parts of the business
• Partner with global peers to ensure consistency and follow-through for global processes and coordination of resources Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading and developing people (preferably technical support teams)
• Familiarity with Data & Enterprise Cloud products
• Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
• Ability to manage high pressure situations
• Fluent in English (written and oral) is mandatory
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years work experience One Microsoft, One Services Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services. Join us as a Support Engineering Manager for BI & Data Platform and be one who empowers billions! Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.