Here is your profile - You have deep passion for excellence in Launch with quality in execution. Your heart skips a beat when a big, problem is put in front of you because you are so excited - you can’t wait to solve it. You see opportunities when others see failures. You are a great communicator and are confident in your own abilities. You value diversity and are a generous listener. You are a meticulous process designer, knowing how to instrument processes and ensure quality in design before even getting to launch. You are a rigorous project manager and take pride in delivering impactful, on-time initiatives. You detect risks and mitigate them like a super-hero…and, you have a sense of humor!
We have a great team in Launch Excellence and are missing just ONE more team member! Our Work Health Index (WHI) tells the story of a healthy, respectful environment where people are set-up to do their best work. Part of Microsoft Operations, this role is part of a fast-paced, results oriented group that interacts with other Corporate stakeholder groups, IT, Regional Operations Centers (ROCs), Finance and many more organizations to ensure our Launches are truly operationalized with efficiency and customer focus. Our role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the many aspects of Microsoft while driving world class operations processes & systems. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Launch Excellence team is looking for a highly motivated individual to manage the launch of initiatives across the Microsoft global business to best serve our Customers and Partners. This position is responsible for leading across all facets of launch from the creation of project plans to the final execution. The experienced individual will build strong relationships with clients and counterparts and lead relevant discussions to operationalize the work that directly impact the business vision and strategy. Once impacts are assessed and plans are built, this role will lead a launch team leveraging the Operations Delivery Lifecycle (ODLC) to bring these changes to market, tracking risks/issues, and ultimately ensuring excellence in delivery. In addition to ensuring launch readiness execution, this role will be key in supporting the discipline of launch through artifact authoring and management, partnership with the broader launch community to identify and execute process improvements, documentation and roll-out to the broader organization.
- Represent Operations globally by deploying new & enhanced projects to successfully support process in both existing and new areas.
- Run project launch teams as needed, facilitating effective meetings and driving key decisions with stakeholders in order to ensure a solid Plan of Record
- Responsible for driving accountability across various work streams throughout the launch process
- Identify requirements and document a working Plan of Record, driving change control, managing issues and escalation, triage, cross group coordination and milestone management
- Identify and manage project risks to reduce escalations and poor experience due to gap in understanding or adherence to process.
- Be a trusted Advisor to business clients and other business stakeholders and: manage relationships and expectations with stakeholders; act as a single point of contact for queries and escalations around the project; create required ODLC artifacts and take active participation in all reporting requirements; providing global communications that touches the right levels of the organization.
- Competencies needed: Strategic Insight; Impact & Influence; Cross-Group Collaboration; Analytical Problem Solving; Interpersonal Awareness; Global Process Management; Project Management; Confidence; Global Insight; Communication Skills
- 5 years' experience minimum in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Experience in multinational environment
- Operations experience
- Initiative & drive; must possess strong desire for continuous improvement & delivery against agreed objectives
- Ability to manage short, medium, and long-term planning horizons concurrently
- Ability to work under and deliver to continual deadline constraints is essential
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization is essential
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to impact and influence at senior level
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.