Senior Manager – National Federal Tax – Investment Management – Hedge and Mutual Funds
Deloitte Tax LLP
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS)
Hedge and Mutual Fund Network (HMFN)
Manager – National Federal Tax – Investment Management – Hedge and Mutual Funds
Are you a hedge fund tax specialist who is frustrated with the traditional role in tax compliance? As a mutual fund tax professional, do you have a knack for identifying process inefficiencies but lack the resources to streamline them? Are you tired of using outdated technology tools that drain productivity and offer limited growth potential? Are you interested in developing and implementing innovative solutions that transform how tax functions operate?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then Deloitte’s iPACS Hedge and Mutual Fund Network (HMFN) may be the place for you! As a member of the HMFN, you will be a part of a group that sets the standard for investment management tax technology by creating and working with the iPACS platform to drive value for the largest hedge funds and mutual funds in the world.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager you will:
· Manage the development and use of custom technology tools to assist with the complex tax analysis and reporting needs of hedge and mutual fund clients
· Be responsible for day-to-day management of multiple client engagements and supervise teams in both our U.S. and India-based offices
· Assist with the design and implementation of proprietary and third-party technologies that make up the iPACS platform
· Interact directly with clients and other Deloitte practices
· Manage the economics of client projects
· Mentor and develop U.S. and India-based engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit and retention
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our rapidly-growing service offerings relates to expanding the iPACS platform for Hedge and Mutual Fund clients with a focus on accurate, efficient reporting and tax planning. Incorporating tax efficiencies into daily business can be a challenge for investment managers without proper data management and tax analysis tools. Through the iPACS platform, we assist clients with the sophisticated tax analysis needed to meet tax reporting burdens and then leverage the platform to enable a focus on tax planning.
- Five or more years focused in hedge fund or mutual fund taxation required
- Knowledge of equities, debt, and derivatives, along with the common tax issues related to trading them, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, market discount, OID, and mark-to-market
- Knowledge of the hedge or mutual fund tax compliance processes required
- Previous experience in the implementation and/or design of tax technology solutions a plus
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems a plus (i.e. Advent Geneva, InvestOne, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field required; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MST or JD)
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification required
- Big 4 experience (or comparable), fund administrator or industry experience preferred
- Strong research and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong executive presence and ability to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management, leadership, and client interaction skills
- Highly disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html