M&A Strategy Commercial and Operational Due Diligence Senior Manager
M&A; Strategy and Due Diligence Senior Manager
M&A; Strategy is a first critical step in the Mergers and Acquisitions process. Deloitte’s M&A; Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence offering works with senior executives to define how they employ M&A; – in alignment with their corporate strategy – to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry. Knowing the where and how – where the company wants to compete and how it plans to win – is essential to defining an effective path and identifying strategic acquisition targets. Based on the client’s corporate strategy, market expectations and corresponding portfolio gaps, we identify and assess targets based on meaningful screening criteria that can include a client’s strategic objectives, potential synergies, organizational and cultural fit, and the feasibility of a deal. Through our pre-deal due diligence support, we help companies understand the potential for value creation and what drives it. To ensure the transaction is successful, we also support clients with pre-deal integration planning and overall communication of its rationale to stakeholders, markets, and customers. Deloitte provides end-to-end M&A; advisory offerings from early in the M&A; life cycle (M&A; Strategy, Commercial Diligence and Operational Diligence), through to integration as well as with disciplines such as financial advisory, IT, and tax to provide broad-based information that can inform the M&A; strategy. M&A; strategy offerings include corporate strategy, inorganic growth paths, target profiles and investment theses.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Manager, you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways. You will be responsible for engagement management:
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
Senior Managers manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors:
- Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Senior Managers must contribute to Practice Development & Eminence:
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents, participate in public speaking events, get published in industry periodicals.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for people development:
- Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
M&A; | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients’ ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A;, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have minimum of 8 years in M&A; or M&A; Service Delivery. SM’s are expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, responsibilities and skillsets include:
- M&A; Expertise: Advise clients though execution of the M&A; lifecycle of M&A; strategy, operational due diligence, divestiture, integration, and restructuring; experience in Mergers & Acquisitions areas such as synergy capture, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing, and process redesign.
- Industry Expertise: Advise clients on appropriate M&A; strategies and leading solutions for a given industry; actively deliver latest and forward-thinking guidance specific to an industry, while maintaining up-to-date knowledge of M&A; activity across a client’s industry.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality program outcomes according to the scope, work plan, quality standards and budget.
- Prior experience identifying effective M&A; solutions to meet key client needs, based on internal / external research and leading practices.
- Experience in setting strategic direction for complex analytics such as financial analysis and modeling, operational performance improvement analysis, and technology architecture assessment.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- The ability to travel 100% is required
- Experience planning and implementing integration and separation projects as the result of M&A; activity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html