Are you passionate about helping clients solve complex challenges and supporting them through critical transformations? As a member of our Organization Transformation practice, you will deliver change management, organization design and governance, culture and technology adoption solutions that enable the success of transformation goals for industry leading clients.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you'll do
As an Organizational Change Management Manager, you will use data-driven solutions to address the human factors affecting an organization’s ability to reach its strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development of frameworks that support improved client future-state organizational design and alignment
- Manage the process for preparing job descriptions and profiles that are legally defensible and that may include job responsibilities and tasks, accountabilities, and competency definitions and matrices
- Apply behavioral tools to assess the impact of change on organizations, using assessments of organizational culture, performance and readiness for change
- Prepare comprehensive change and workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to support change and transition initiatives and leadership
- Manage identification of required leadership/stakeholder attributes and articulate the importance of leadership in an effective change process
- Lead and contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
- Responsible for business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Act in a mentoring capacity to support the career development of OT&T; colleagues
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with at least one (1) year of relevant experience in an external consulting role
- Minimum four (4) years of experience leading multiple project teams simultaneously on relevant engagements
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
- Bachelors’ degree
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews
- Previous experience in project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
- Advanced degree in related specialization area
- Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html