Manager, Transaction & Integration Services/Post-Merger Tax - Compliance or Tax Provision required
- Analyze and understand complex tax issues through reading financial statements, regulatory filings, transactional documentation, client correspondence, and tax returns. Translate that knowledge into assisting in the evaluation of the income and indirect tax implications of proposed integrations, divestitures, and related business transformational transactions.
- Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax department assessments, working with others within Deloitte Tax to ensure delivery of impactful client service at the highest possible level.
- Expand your tax research skills via extensive tax research involving complex technical tax and operational issues (e.g. taxation of corporations and pass-throughs, tax accounting methods, tax operations, indirect taxation schemes in the United States and abroad).
- Supervise assignments by tax professionals at the senior consultant and consultant levels with Deloitte Tax focusing on project management and effective communication skills.
- Be responsible for the development and motivation of the engagement teams and provide them with leadership, counseling, and project guidance.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios, while supervising and developing our people.
- Those resulting from the transaction (such as transaction costs, NOL limitations, and golden parachute rules).
- Departmental operations (e.g. combined financial accounting, tax department assimilation, or tax ops stand-up).
- Those arising from synergy capture and business or process changes (e.g. Day 1 Readiness integration roadmaps, project plans).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or JD
- 5+ years’ experience in core federal tax compliance, including multistate, international, or comp & benefits tax
- Working knowledge of corporate tax issues associated with business combinations and divestitures, including substantial experience in taxation of corporations and their shareholders, partnerships and their partners, and similar disciplines
- Knowledge of ASC 740, tax accounting, and basic multi-state and international tax principles
- Experience participating in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and supervising broad project teams
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a management and executive presence
- Highly disciplined and able to work under strict deadlines in fast-paced collegial environment
- Able to travel up to 80%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html