Organizational Change Management Consultant
Are you passionate about helping clients solve complex challenges and supporting them through critical transformations? As a member of our Organization Transformation practice, you will deliver change management, organization design and governance, culture and technology adoption solutions that enable the success of transformation goals for industry leading clients.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
As an Organizational Change Management Consultant, you will use data-driven solutions to address the human factors affecting an organization’s ability to reach its strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply Deloitte tools and frameworks to support improved client future-state organizational design and alignment
- Develop and execute communication plans
- Draft job descriptions and profiles that are legally defensible and that may include job responsibilities and tasks, accountabilities, and competency definitions and matrices
- Apply behavioral tools to assess the impact of change on organizations, using assessments of organizational culture, performance, and readiness for change
- Define activities to support change and transition initiatives
- Develop and deploy user adoption/training programs to support technology implementations
- Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with experience in change management and organizational development
- Bachelors’ degree
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated capabilities in team work and leadership
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html