M&A Strategy Commercial and Operational Due Diligence Manager
M&A; Strategy is a first critical step in the Mergers and Acquisitions process. Deloitte’s M&A; Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence offering works with senior executives to define how they employ M&A; – in alignment with their corporate strategy – to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry. Knowing the where and how – where the company wants to compete and how it plans to win – is essential to defining an effective path and identifying strategic acquisition targets. Based on the client’s corporate strategy, market expectations and corresponding portfolio gaps, we identify and assess targets based on meaningful screening criteria that can include a client’s strategic objectives, potential synergies, organizational and cultural fit, and the feasibility of a deal. Through our pre-deal due diligence support, we help companies understand the potential for value creation and what drives it. To ensure the transaction is successful, we also support clients with pre-deal integration planning and overall communication of its rationale to stakeholders, markets, and customers. Deloitte provides end-to-end M&A; advisory offerings from early in the M&A; life cycle (M&A; Strategy, Commercial Diligence and Operational Diligence), through to integration as well as with disciplines such as financial advisory, IT, and tax to provide broad-based information that can inform the M&A; strategy. M&A; strategy offerings include corporate strategy, inorganic growth paths, target profiles and investment theses.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
M&A; | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients’ ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A;, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have a minimum of 6 years M&A; or M&A; pre-deal service delivery:
- Experience leading complex M&A; client engagements that identify, design, and communicate value in a pre-deal setting.
- Experience structuring customer interview programs by identifying the key decision maker that is relevant to the transaction, securing and performing the interviews, and synthesizing the results.
- Experience interacting with all parties associated with a deal setting (e.g. bankers, lawyers, other 3rd party advisors).
- Experience identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Experience implementing and overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively managing the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience with pre-deal M&A; activities and the ability to interact with a potential target’s management team.
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting, market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence, particularly in relation to M&A; activity.
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional coordination.
- A minimum of 6 years consulting experience is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 80-100% required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html