Senior Tax Consultant, Business Tax Services (Corporate Tax)
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
- Coordinating with client’s tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
- Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- 3-5 years’ experience in federal taxation
- Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.