Senior - National Federal Tax - Partnerships, Energy, Real Estate
- Supervise engagement teams and work with Managers and Senior Managers to provide day-to-day guidance to junior staff on federal tax projects.
- Implement strategic tax structures and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Assist clients with life events for partnerships (e.g. formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, Section 704(c) and Section 743(b) computations, Schedule K-1 processing, and the development of custom technology solutions to streamline the partnership compliance process.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal tax clients and actively participate in client strategy meetings.
- Spend a large amount of time at client locations across the United States for the purpose of meeting client deadlines.
- Mentor and develop junior staff including in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- 3+ years’ experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or eligible)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Big 4 or comparable experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html