Senior Manager – Investment Management – Private Equity Tax - New York, NY
- Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns; and preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the funds.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced tax consultants, tax seniors, and tax managers, and participating in the hiring process for your group.
- Taking the lead client contact role on some engagements and working on the billing and profitability analysis of those engagements, while beginning to be involved in new marketplace pursuits.
- 7+ years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in investment management) or equivalent in a law firm or related industry
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Advanced understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- General understanding of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, key economic terms, and the taxation of fund investors
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- The ability to travel up to 20%
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.