Cloud Business Strategy Senior Manager
Work you’ll do
Cloud provides the opportunity to innovate business practices, improve customer delivery, and create competitive advantage, all through business transformation. It represents an opportunity to advance core business practices and enable new business capabilities, well beyond a foundational “lift and shift” to public or private cloud. Financial benefits of a shift to cloud can often fuel the business transformation, enabling parallel IT and business innovation. Our Tech Strategy Cloud leaders help solve our client’s most complex issues, to ensure both value creation and business transformation, through transitions to cloud.
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver business, digital, and analytics transformation, all enabled through cloud. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from our consulting, advisory, and tax practices, our alliance partners, and our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to architect integrated programs that transform our clients’ businesses, including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy and Business Transformation.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear insight-driven choices about where to play and how to win, to drive growth and enterprise value.
Strategy will help our clients to:
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation, leveraging methods and tools like the Strategic Choice Cascade
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Track and maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies using tools like the Cloud Value Calculator and Pricing Engine
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 10 years consulting and/or industry experience
- At least 6 years of experience managing transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations (min. of 2 full life cycle implementations)
- Experience participating in and setting engagement objectives and scope
- Experience developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope
- Experience designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Strong client relationship skills, and ability to work with Business and IT leadership
- Experience working with cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/BPaaS), digital, and analytics solutions
- Experience with workload assessment, business case development, operational assessment, roadmap creation, vendor selection, and operating model design
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Strong financial and analytics skills with experience tracking and maximizing the return on technology investments
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Ability to challenge the norm when identifying process improvement opportunities
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Continuous curiosity to expand knowledge of new technology innovations and its applications to business
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html