- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation.
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients’ tax department.
- Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in state income and franchise tax
- Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification(or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.