Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager responsible for driving the successful adoption and expansion of Modern Workplace (Office 365, Enterprise Mobility+Security, Windows 10) workloads within their accounts. This role will create customer value through usage, and create the conditions for optimal renewal and upsell growth.
This Customer Success Manager role will cover managed Modern Workplace customers in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Modern Workplace customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy. Key responsibilities include:
- Exceed consumption quota for Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10
- Be the single point of accountability for Secure Productive Enterprise (SPE) consumption within the customer
- Proactively identify new workloads and expansion opportunities in each account to maximize SPE consumption
- Engage workload experts (e.g., TSP, FastTrack/ENG, partners, etc.) to drive usage and help accelerate customer value for each workload
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) within each customer to influence adoption
- Secure BDM/ITDM intent to use of SPE workloads (e.g. ProPlus, Windows, AADP, Teams, etc.)
- Clearly define BDM/ITDM business outcomes and build a high quality “success plan” inclusive of customer objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks and metrics needed to achieve them
- Establish and run deployment and usage governance processes to increase deployment and usage velocity. The governance shall coordinate activities across customers, partners, engineering, services and field roles needed to achieve healthy SPE consumption
- Represent the “Voice of the Customer” within Microsoft, and document business-value driven customer success stories and best practices
Activate Microsoft sellers (AE, SSP) when new sales opportunities (Upsell or Cross-Sell) are generated through consumption engagements with BDM/ITDM
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience in consultative selling. Experience in consulting or pre-sales, experience in both is ideal.
- Ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability.
- Experience in running governance of complex deployment and usage projects within large organizations.
- Top-notch executive engagement skills with an ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers.
- Deep passion for making others successful.
- Native level Japanese
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Experience in technology market
- Technical understanding of Secure Productive Enterprise (SPE) workloads.
- Business level English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.