Microsoft is a leader in delivering great online services which includes O365 and Azure to organizations around the world. Azure Active Directory is the identity and access foundation for these Microsoft online services and thousands of other third-party cloud SaaS apps. In this organization, the Identity Customer Experience (CxP) team goals are to quickly onboard customers to our services, ensure a great customer and partner experience, and create a responsive data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop.
Our team is looking for an experienced self-starter to manage and expand our automatic user provisioning SaaS app integrations and drive consumer and enterprise usage of these integrations. This role is critical to our focus on creating compelling value for Microsoft Identity Services as we onboard more customers to utilize Azure Active Directory. As a Program Manager, you will be responsible to develop a keen understanding of what motivates the typical SaaS ISV decision maker to onboard to Azure Active Directory, drive the design and delivery to scale our SaaS apps integrations program for user provisioning (ex. via SCIM standard, etc.), and lead the technical relationship between 3rd Party SaaS Apps (ISV/Developers) and Microsoft.
As you take on this role, you will develop the technical expertise to earn the privilege of being a trusted advisor to IT and organizations including some of the most advanced (and complex) Fortune 1000 companies. You will have opportunities to travel around the country and the world and get a chance to meet engaging people from all walks of life. You will roll up your sleeves and solve deep, technical problems. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter who can work in a dynamic environment, tolerate ambiguity, and is able to prioritize and deliver with minimal oversight. You will need to have strong customer empathy and excellent cross-group communication skills. You will be joining a team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
In this role, you will get a chance to:
- Work closely with engineering to resolve developer and enterprise customer issues when they integrate their app
- Engage deeply with customers and engineering to drive change, identify gaps, and synthesize feedback to recommend product or documentation solutions
- Enhance the knowledge base around Azure Identity and Access Management across Developers and Partner communities
- Candidate will need a good combination of project management skills, plus familiarity with web services technologies (e.g. SOAP/REST APIs)
- Manage integration of third party SaaS applications using all the supported federation protocols (such as SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth etc.) in Azure Active Directory using web and mobile single sign-on techniques
- Maintain a working demo/lab environment for problem solving and self-initiated learning
- Develop and document best practices based on your learnings with actual customer integration
- Build solid working relationships with diverse, global stakeholder groups and individuals
- Understand industry trends and benchmarks, advocate for capitalizing on any potential opportunities with Identity engineering leadership
- Identify and influence business/engineering systems (process, people and tools) roadmaps to ensure operational readiness and adoption of capabilities being implemented
7+ years industry experience managing projects, products, or services.
2+ years of recent experience with cloud service development, design and/or deployment is a plus
The role has a requirement for regular travel (up to 50%)
Passion for understanding things deeply, whether it’s customer requirements or product technologies, and for engaging customers, listening, problem solving
Demonstrated critical thinking and solid trouble shooting abilities with clear examples through experiences or project work
Communication skills, specifically cross functionally, to translate complex business and technical strategic priorities into actionable engineering plans. Expecially in the areas of collaboration, project management and relationship management.
Technical skills to go deep (500 level) and broad to cover the full mobility space with focus on Identity
Technical knowledge on development and operation of SOAP and REST web services is a nice to have
Technical knowledge on different Federation Protocols like SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth and WS-Federation is a nice to have
Experience developing applications or working on developer-oriented products is a nice to have
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances