Senior Manager in Health Care - Operations Excellence
The team – About our Operations Excellence Practice
Deloitte works alongside clients throughout the project continuum to help our clients address quality of care, access and cost concerns. We help our clients from assessment through implementation to create an infrastructure that enables sustainable, ongoing improvement in an uncertain time of regulatory reform. Our teams include professionals who have experience leading hospitals and health care systems in realizing significant savings while transforming the way patient care is delivered. They also include professionals with shared service experience, clinical informatics experience and care management experience which not only includes acute care but ambulatory and health plan. We incorporate leading practice methodologies, tools and training that helps make operational change sustainable.
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers. Also drives integration with government agencies.
Work You’ll Do
Senior Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a Senior Manager could include:
- Client Management:
- Manage day to day interactions with executive client, sponsors and C-Suite
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Manage project finances
- Establish opportunities to advance the client relationship by identifying client needs and develop opportunities to bring additional Deloitte Consulting solutions
- Engagement Delivery:
- Manage and deliver components of client engagement
- Lead teams to assess, design, and implement solutions to achieve client’s strategic objectives and business issues.
- Assume accountability for on-time delivery of contracted activities and deliverables
- Build and source internal teams structure and composition to deliver engagements
- Manage engagement delivery, work plan, activities
- Provide client sponsors with regular updates
- Lead and manage identification and prioritization of issues
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting of team member time and expenses for projects
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the project life-cycle
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Business Development
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients
- Organize and lead pursuit teams
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategy
- Oversee and create draft engagement contracts
- Develop additional business opportunities with current clients and expand engagement scope
- People Development:
- Perform role of counselor and coach
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Provide leadership for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Leading work – life balance expectation on engagements through flexibility and predictability initiatives
- Provide input and guidance into the staffing process
- Provide real-time feedback to project team members and participate in the performance review process
- Eminence and Firm Activities
- Develop points of view in your industry
- Publish white papers and present opinion at industry conferences
- Lead practice development activities within the firm
- Lead and support recruitment activities
- Organize local office events to build firm culture
Core Business Operations
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients’ core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on “heart of the business” issues in specific sectors including Health Care, Banking & Securities, Insurance, and Energy & Resources. The type of work we provide to our clients includes Operations Excellence, Payment & Care Model Innovation and Emerging Business Models.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients’ priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- 8 years of professional experience in health care, shared service, working for a large management consulting company
- Experience selling consulting engagements and leading projects with multiple work streams, multiple functions and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to project executive presence and professionalism sufficient to interact with C-level executives and senior partners
- Track record of establishing and developing long-term client relationships
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Performed above expectations in previous professional roles
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
- Extensive knowledge with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation, financial margin improvement initiatives
- Experience with healthcare organization M&A;, physician alignment, or financial margin improvement initiatives
- Care Management which includes acute care, ambulatory and health plan experience
- Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrates personal effectiveness, including a proven ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html