FSI - Banking and Capital Markets-S&A Analytics & Cognitive-Data Management & Architecture - Senior Manager
FSI - Banking and Capital Markets-S&A; Analytics & Cognitive-Data Management & Architecture - Senior Manager
As a Data Management & Architecture Senior Manager at Deloitte, you will be part of developing processes, tools and governance to effectively harness and manage enterprise data assets in order to deliver operational excellence, new products and services, competitive agility, and growth.
The Financial Services Industry focuses on the most pressing issues in Financial Services, including rapid changes in customer needs, technology, increased globalization, and financial regulations.
The Banking and Capital Markets sector serves Universal and Regional Banks, Capital Markets / Securities Firms and Payment Networks with US Operations. The team concentrates on delivering customer insights, core growth and digital strategies, operational transformation, human capital and technology modernization services to bank executives. We Help clients with regulatory reform, technological modernization, customer insights, competitive dynamics, and market growth opportunities.
Work you'll do
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
• Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
• Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
• People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
Deloitte Consulting’s financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Investment Management and Real Estate sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client’s unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Capital Markets
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
Data Management & Architecture Senior Managers are required to have:
• 12+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industry experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
• Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
• Significant experience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 10 to 50 resources.
• Strong implementation experience and deep knowledge in any two of the following three areas and working knowledge of the other area at a minimum. Implementation experience in all the 3 areas preferred; Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality
• Deep knowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements within at least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must be able to link industry specific business requirements to DM&A; capability requirements.
• Deep knowledge of more than one DM&A; toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as IBM MDM / Oracle MDM / Cloud MDM, SAP, Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies, Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
• Ability to architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business, governance and technical recommendations to appropriate client managers
• Consulting or Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data management and strategy initiative at an enterprise level
• Ability to recommend DM&A; process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options to clients
• Experience developing of statements of work and/or client proposals
• Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client
• Experience working with CxO level executives on a daily basis
• Lead business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of portal interface and information architecture
• Lead executive level governance boards
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
• An advanced degree in specialization
• Proven skills as a project manager on multiple full life cycle implementations
• Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html