- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and consolidation/financial reporting, financial operationsand applications across multiple industries
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo – including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- 3 - 5 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, Blackline, Trintech, etc)
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday – Thursday)
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html