Dell is looking to add a Senior Level Electrical System Architect to support Consumer Notebooks in Austin, TX. This person will have a high level of analysis and design skills. You will be a lead technical resource in all areas of product design. You must be well versed in the core electrical engineering analytical skills in order to affect system-level decisions and represent the team at cross-functional reviews. Your ability to productize designs is also critical and you should be able to independently design products and/or solutions that enhance Dell’s ability to deliver services to clients.
* Architect and influence the shaping of future products by providing electrical engineering insight into the technology roadmap.
* Identify and scope projects around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
* Execute designs for complex systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
* Take responsibility for gathering requirements and concepts generation.
* Engage ODM partners and technology providers to gather information and release requirements.
* Generate IP to protect innovation.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 10+ years of work experience in design and analysis of electronics packaging.
* Must have extensive experience in designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies with an expert understanding of block diagrams, schematics, layouts, electrical analysis, power analysis, thermal dissipation, PCB stack-ups.
* Must have experience speaking and influencing at an executive level.
* Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral) with other company team members and the customer as required.
* Must have extensive experience with CAD systems (Gerber experience required).
* Must possess working knowledge of mass-production manufacturing processes and material costs
* Must have ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status. Only general guidance is needed on routine work; instructions on new assignments as needed.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience with mechanical engineering and software engineering
Benefits We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.