What gives Dell our competitive advantage? It’s our ability to achieve cost savings as we operate at the cutting edge of technology. Working in an environment that’s as complex as it is critical, our Buyer team within Materials and Procurement manages a group of indirect categories, such as real estate, marketing material, supplies or software. We use our in-depth knowledge and experience to develop strategic relationships with external suppliers as well as with key stakeholders. Our role also includes leading contract negotiations, managing risk, driving cost-saving initiatives and implementing strategic sourcing best practices.
This challenging role will:
- Be a champion for Business User engagement and will be asked to go proactively to our customers, as opposed to waiting for them to come to Procurement
- Will regularly report on improvements in key commodity metrics of contract performance, cost, quality, product performance, availability and/or service level
- Set global procurement strategies and oversees implementation within the regions
- Develop, negotiate and manages large and critical vendor relationships and contracts for Dell
- Engages with leadership for internal business partner organizations, key stakeholders (Legal, Audit, etc), representatives of supplier diversity councils, etc.
- Will be a self-starter with a technical background and an ability to influence at all levels of the organization
Undergraduate degree and 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, including 5+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience);
- Advanced understanding of procurement practices - focus on business process improvement;
- Advanced knowledge of planning, forecasting techniques, ability to develop and drive budgeting process;
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing and supply chain networks; network of contacts to call on at manager level
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.