ADP’s STUDIO 55 is hiring a Sr. Performance Engineer with a passion for optimizing computer programs and underlying infrastructure to run as efficiently as possible, squeezing every bit of performance out of the system. Sounds like you? Then this is a job you will love!
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO 55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena just walking distance from spots like Philz Coffee and Urth Caffe. Take a peek into our awesome environment here:
As a Sr. Performance Engineer you’ll work in critical DevOps function that focuses on delivering high performing and scalable applications to our clients in a very fast paced agile environment. As a shared service group, our engineers get an opportunity to work on both legacy systems such as our DB2 based revolutionary tax engine as well as our AngularJs and Restful APIs based modern client facing applications and micro services. Our engineers define workloads that model the performance of our systems, automate the measurement of these workloads, conduct analysis to gain insights into how to make the systems run faster and use resources more efficiently. In this role, you will leverage previous software development experience in designing and developing performance framework to build a federated model and spin of performance scripting and test executions to the individual requesting teams.
You will actively use performance tools, profilers and monitors to analyze, optimize component level performance metrics. In addition, you will learn about how our technology is deployed for various use cases in an agile environment using the latest and highly streamlined release processes. You will work closely with a group of talented software developers, architects and database engineers to lead performance testing, analysis and optimization initiatives across a variety of high usage applications and products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in work assignments. Be resourceful and collaborate with respective teams to quickly solve performance and scalability challenges
- Strategize, Introduce and implement performance analysis framework that allows the developers performance test applications at a click of a button and analyze results using the framework
- Design workloads and simulations to model our applications usage and establish performance and scalability benchmarks
- Review applications, database architecture/design and collaborate with architects to suggest performance best practices during the design
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics
- Analyze performance data from JVM, database, middle-tier and services to determine cause of performance regressions and identify areas for performance optimizations
- Collaborate with R&D; and Product teams to define non-functional requirements, recommend improvements, resolve performance defects and drive standardization efforts
- Automate the tracking and publishing of Performance results across software builds and releases to ensure high quality releases
- Utilize Performance testing and analysis to strengthen our application performance monitoring strategy with a focus on high risk and volume areas
- Good Understanding of Splunk architecture including index management, configuration files for log onboarding and access
- Strong knowledge of Splunk best practices to build effective visualizations, alerts and dashboards around key business transactions, performance and health metrics to get deeper operational and system insight on the systems
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to redesigns that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance
- Demonstrate both individual contributor and team player capabilities
- Be an advocate for performance and present, recommend performance best practices across the organization
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED:
- Performance and Scalability Analysis
- Strong Automation and coding skills using Shell, Python, Perl, Java or other languages
- Strong understanding of performance tuning Relational databases
- Knowledge of Networking concepts
- Streaming and Queuing knowledge in tools such as KAFKA, MFT, Golden Gate etc.
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring solutioning and implementation
HOW YOU’LL STAND OUT:
- Performance and Scalability analysis of Cloud based applications preferably AWS
- Experience doing capacity planning in Cloud
- Experience in AWS Services such as RedShift and Snowflake