ADP is hiring a Chief Architect with demonstrated expertise in Cloud and Container Architecture. Does this sound like you?
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world’s largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes’ "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld’s "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies.
- Evangelize the benefits of cloud and container technologies across ADP using multiple forums and communications techniques
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud/container services across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior decision makers within ADP
- Work closely with Product Development and Operations teams to design application cloud architectures that are scalable, highly available, and supportable.
- Educate developers on Cloud Native application development and help them in their journey
- Develop and maintain financial models for cloud offerings and continually seek cost optimizations and right sizing opportunities.
- Work closely with ADP’s Global Security Office (GSO) to proactively maintain secure and compliant cloud environments.
- Stay current on new and emerging trends in cloud computing and evaluate their potential for within ADP products.
- Establish and run a cloud / container community to communicate and publish relevant cloud / container architectural artifacts.
- Work closely with Support and Service teams to identity recurring hosting related issues and champion root cause identification and remediation.
- Ability to be a team player, works effectively with others with positive cooperation.
- Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely professional and courteous manner.
- Broad understanding of industry trends across software development / architecture, cloud operating platforms and data
- Experience in Software Defined Networks (SDN) including the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, etc.
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage microservicearchitecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL stores, some level of networking and system expertise, strong tooling, monitoring, and cloud management experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of data analytics that leverage Hadoop and predictive analytics systems.
- Experience in building scaled out infrastructure on public clouds like AWS, Google, Azure, etc.
- Strong experience working in small, highly technical teams employing Agile/Scrum practices
- Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies.
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive discussions driving towards results.
- Experience implementing Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Servicecapabilities.
- Continuous delivery solutions, preferably employing AWS.
- Strong scripting in Ruby (preferred), PHP, Perl, or Python.
- Experience with tools such as Puppet Ansible, Chef Salt, Jenkins and Docker
- BS degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering required; Masters’ degree preferred
- Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level — having the confidence and resilience to take risks — be self empowered.
- Communication: understand and express ideas / solutions in a comprehensive and practical format — knowledge sharing.
- User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience — every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use.
- Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) – lateral thinking.
- Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity.
- Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields.
- Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool — represent an idea in order to promote it.
- Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts.
- Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused — deliver frameworks instead of point solutions.
- Passion: A need to be "passionate" about producing exceptional solutions in a collaborative environment (e.g., Agile methodology preferred). Must always be curious and excited to try new technologies.