Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world’s largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes’ “Most Innovative Companies” and one of Computerworld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT”, we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
This is a Senior Mainframe DB2 z/OS DBA position. Candidate should have an excellent knowledge of MF DB2 and have a good understanding of other Mainframe z/OS areas and how they interact/work with each other and DB2. Candidate should be able to work on its own with minimal supervision and been able to lead large projects and coordinate activities with multiple groups. Candidate should be capable of performing problem determination in a 24×7 database availability environment and production support, on-call support.
Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database[s]. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process. Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years working in a Mainframe DB2 z/OS environment. Experience with DB2 V10 and/or DB2 V11 on z/OS. Knowledge of distributed infrastructure/DB2 LUW and other RDBMS is a plus.
- Extensive experience in data modeling and been involved in logical and physical design of relational databases with later implementation of that design in production Mainframe DB2 environment.
- Extensive experience in DB2 database/tablespace partitioning schemas. Experience with large partitioned tables providing ongoing support and maintenance to ensure recoverability and availability of large databases/tablespaces and temporal tables.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for performance tuning/troubleshooting and have experience with BP tuning. Work with application development teams to design well performing SQL queries/processes.
- Extensive knowledge of DB2 ZPARMs and their impact on DB2 sub-system/DB behavior.
- Extensive experience with DB2 Utilities, High Performance Unload, IBM DB2 Tools or BMC, CA, Compuware products. Knowledge of query optimization techniques using DB2 Explain, Optim Query Workload Tuner, Data Server Manager, other tools.
- Knowledge of Omegamon for DB2 and how to troubleshoot issues using it, knowledge and ability to use other Omegamon products (MVS, CICS, etc)/RMF to help identify issues quickly or setup alerts to prevent potential issues.
- Knowledge of COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2 and VSAM application development, REXX, Java, JSON, etc. Have experience with Stored Procedures in COBOL, SQL/PL and demonstrate problem solving skills in Production Environment.
- Production on-call support.
- Perform recovery on production DB/tables.
- Will work with Capacity Planning and Storage Administration, MVS system, development groups to ensure that impact of new implementations is stimated/analyzed/benchmarked/documented before actual production implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of performing problem determination in a 24×7 database availability environment under pressure and solve issues quickly.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a changing environment.
- Should have an excellent organizational skills and provide documentation for all phases of project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of DB2 Connect, IDAA is a plus.
- Review, evaluate, design, implement and maintain company database[s].
- Ability to identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams and document the process
- Performed Data Analysis for DB2 database using File-aid, QMF tools.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and DevOps.
- Knowledge of Rally is a plus.