Senior Manager (Market Gravity) - NYC
About Market Gravity
Market Gravity is a specialist growth, innovation and proposition design consultancy owned by Deloitte. We work with the world’s leading companies to design innovative new services in an entrepreneurial way. We work in small, agile teams with our clients, we identify new business opportunities, get under the skin of customers, design new propositions, build rapid prototypes and create the plan to take new services to market, ready for fast growth.
At Market Gravity, we combine commercial consulting, customer research and design and prototyping skills under one roof. It’s a little different from a conventional management consultancy or creative agency; we combine the best of both.
As we continue to grow we want to add more excellent people to our team, people who are motivated to work with big brands to help them achieve their growth ambitions by designing, prototyping, and launching new and exciting propositions for their customers. If that sounds like what you want to do – read on.
In a nutshell
As a Senior Manager at Market Gravity, you will inspire and lead multi-talented teams to get big ideas to market - you lead development of complex client solutions and are able to confidently bring design-led thinking and experience to the table to create solutions that work for the customer whilst also meeting broader business requirements.
What you will do
• Provide oversight on major programmes with multiple phases, with a cross-functional MG team (combining consulting, design and insight)
• Be responsible for shaping and delivering an awesome overall solution to the client according to the contract, workplan and quality standard; manage to optimize profitability
• Develop trusted adviser relationships with the client and take the lead in steering group meetings up to C-suite / CXO-level
• Engage senior client management regularly to identify underlying client needs, negotiate and sell work to new and existing clients across Deloitte’s products and services
• Highly involved in practice development including pursuits and service offerings
• Actively participate in the Market Gravity team development, taking a lead role in recruiting training, and coaching MG team members, identifying and supporting on-sell opportunities, and supporting other business development activities
- Customer Strategy| Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize pricing decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the CMO agenda
- Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing and service at each and every touch point.
- Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth
- Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate “digital” as a business strategy aligned with their CEO’s agenda – and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
Experience and skills
We look for skills across three dimensions, technical skill, leadership and entrepreneurialism.
• You have significant experience gained in part or fully from a leading consultancy, working in growth strategy and preferably on the development and launch of new propositions
• You have a very well developed proposition design toolkit across all areas involved including insight, commercials, and design
• You have significant industry networks, and can be perceived as a credible industry expert
• You have a strong blend of creative flair matched by robust commercial and analytical ability, and are able to combine the two to create powerful propositions that ensure the client has confidence to launch
• You are an excellent storyteller, you create high quality content and final deliverables, taking all participating stakeholders on a journey, successfully bringing the proposition to life
• You anticipate the competitive moves of key players and interpret their business strategies and vision
• You are a confident and able work shop facilitator and content presenter. You enjoy working in workshop and hot-house style environments, often at pace, to provide energy, creativity and momentum to the project
• You are a proven project leader, you are experienced at leading project teams in proposition design across multi-phased projects, working collaboratively with a diverse team of stakeholders
• You are able to create project plans and flex them accordingly to keep the project on track and assure the quality of the end deliverable, for which you are accountable
• You build long-term, committed client relationships by acting as a trusted independent advisor, and demonstrating consistent impact on client’s innovation challenges
• You are comfortable working across functions, you can manage a team of consultants, designers and researchers
• You are an experienced coach, creating organizational culture and a collaborative environment
• We live by our values and hope they have meaning for you too: Go together, bring energy, challenge hard and take ownership
• You have entrepreneurial experience, working with start-ups or ventures, designing and launching a new product or service, or maybe you’ve run your own business
• You have helped find ways to help grow and shape the business in your current/ previous roles e.g. by supporting on-sell opportunities and account development or creating new methods, thought leadership
• You are resourceful and find practical solutions to problems. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business, design, research) OR equivalent experience
• Experience leading a team of direct reports
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Experience leading pursuit or sales team
• Experience leading a team of direct reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of team
• Willingness to mentor junior staff
• Strong analytical and technical skills
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.