Data Analyst (mid-senior)
About Weight Watchers:
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based, and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
About the Role
We are now looking for a talented Data Analyst to join our growing Analytics group to help drive a data-first culture across Weight Watchers.
Team members will work closely with both business and technical teams to proactively identify gaps in our knowledge base. The candidate will be charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends, and perspective.
You will work closely with a cross functional team through all development stages, from identifying opportunities, to analyzing the impact of efforts, and discovering areas for improvement.
- Transform raw data into actionable and meaningful analyses.
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, and ensure data quality standards.
- Identify key metrics and develop dashboards and/or reports to better the understanding of product performance.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to provide decision support.
- Document data requirements and think through complex problems to make actionable recommendations.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Mathematics preferred.
- 4-6 years of analytics or quantitative experience in which you extracted meaningful insights from big datasets.
- Strong experience with using BI tools to build dynamic/scalable dashboards. Looker experience a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL, your queries are optimized for readability and performance. Google BigQuery a plus.
- A track record for producing reproducible analyses, experience with R or python a plus.
- Experience with front-end analytics tools, Google Analytics a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate insights verbally, visually, and in writing into recommendations to improve the business.
- You take ownership of projects and can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Curious and meticulous, with the patience to dig into murky datasets and carefully document your work.
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, complex formulas, vlookups).
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.