Inside Solution Specialist, Data & AI - Tech for Social Impact
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization has a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Tech For Social Impact (TSI) Data & AI Solution Specialist is dedicated to the TSI territories and is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities. As an SSP, you will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly SQL Server and Azure data services revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will help our customers take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform to make their digital transformation.
Microsoft Philanthropies was created in December 2015 to realize the promise and potential of technology for everyone. Since then, the company has made significant investments to ensure the benefits of technology reach those who need them most. All in all, our contributions to communities around the world totaled $650 million in 2016 alone.
To scale our impact across the nonprofit community, the company in investing in the Microsoft Nonprofit Segment. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystem to empower nonprofits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Fueling all of this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft cloud services
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft cloud services adoption in commercial and public sector accounts
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity-based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
- Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day
- 4-year degree preferred.
- 4-6+ years of applicable technology related sales or business development experience; preferably working within a technical sales environment.
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering preferred. Experience in one of these relevant fields is a bonus, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Understanding of cloud computing market and ability to develop deep expertise in Microsoft cloud services.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas in Data & Analytics:
- Database architecture
- IP Networking
- IT Security
- Big Data
- Advanced Analytics
- Mission critical/OLTP platforms
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsors
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with MIcrosoft and the country where you work.