FLC - Global Risk and Investigations Practice, Cybersecurity | Managing Director
London, United Kingdom Posted 9 days ago
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting:
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice helps clients, who are facing legal disputes, protect enterprise value by:
- Quantifying damages and providing expert testimony in a range of dispute situations: intellectual property, professional malpractice, lost profits, valuations, breach of contract, purchase price disagreements, business interruption, environmental claims, construction claims and fraud cases.
- Employing forensic accounting and complex modeling expertise to unravel complex financial transactions.
- Independently gathering and analysing critical information.
- Offering industry ‐ leading electronic evidence services that identify, preserve and collect relevant, structured information and analyse complex data within enterprise systems.
About The Opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Senior Director to join our growing Cybersecurity team ( www.fticybersecurity.com ). The position involves managing and conducting cybersecurity investigations in our Global Risk and Investigations Practice. This practice gathers and analyses critical information, enabling clients to make informed decisions, maximise opportunities and protect assets. Our superior expertise in complex factual and complex investigations, including litigation support, investigative due diligence, and insider threat related investigations, combines teams of former federal prosecutors and regulators, law enforcement and intelligence officials, forensic accountants, business researchers, and computer forensic specialists. More specifically, we are looking for technical cybersecurity experts with experience in all or some of the following: intelligence collection, incident response, insider threat analysis, network operations, emerging cyber policy, security operations (malware analysis, specialised cloud expertise, forensic experts, penetration testing, and application testing). With offices worldwide, we are able to uncover and analyse critical information wherever a need exists-no matter how intricate the investigation may be.
Primary duties include performing a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarising the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate.
- Assist leadership in developing strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and design appropriate technical solutions.
- Lead assessment of current threat identification techniques and development of new methodologies and frameworks.
- Supervise results of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Lead modification and enhancement of proposals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 to 8 years of experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organisation.
- Specialised experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management.
- Very good understanding of operating systems, file system fundamentals, and security controls, with an in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies.
- Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies.
- Threat modeling fundamentals and penetration testing skills.
- Analytical ability - The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information.
- Strategic planning and resourcefulness - The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
- Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
- Experience working with international colleagues and coordinating investigations across time zones is a plus.
- Experience managing junior members of the investigative team.
- Travel may be required, depending on nature of assignment.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer