Product Management Consultant - PowerEdge Enterprise Systems Management
Round Rock, TX, United States
An industry migration to software based architectures built on x86 server technology is underway, and with the formation of Dell Technologies, there are many opportunities to collaborate across Dell to create new offers. This role is a senior level product management role tasked with engaging with various stakeholders across Dell that utilize server technology as a building block for other Dell Technologies offers.
A capable candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration skills, keen understanding of server technologies, a broad understanding of the enterprise market and the ability to apply to understanding to build business cases to prioritize projects and programs. Ultimately, the candidate will be responsible for leading our competitive market analysis as part of the PowerEdge Enterprise Systems Management product portfolio.
- Builds a roadmap, budget, and execution plan for evaluating third party products in a lab environment.
- Supervises the work of contractors and extended team members and collect final deliverables.
- Develops reports, presentations, and other data products for distribution to extended teams and senior management.
- Applies broad knowledge of company’s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities.
- Develops specific marketing and communications plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Communicates Dell’s systems management and overall value proposition to customers, including C-level leadership.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line and solution objectives.
- Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share.
Drives the development and communications of product definition and solution plans to optimize the company’s products and services.
5-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant (server) experience.
Strong knowledge of IT industry technologies, future trends, and direction.
Must be fully knowledgeable in classic marketing skills (i.e. Product, Positioning, Pricing, and Promotion)
Demonstrated ability to lead small teams towards a technical objective in a enterprise lab environment.
Fundamental understanding of enterprise architecture with a focus on lifecycle operations around server maintenance. Previous experience or exposure to operations within modern IT datacenters including change management best practices.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.