Sr. Front End Engineer
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $800 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At its core, Addepar is a data company, giving our clients a wealth of information they never before had in a single place. Our first-class analytic software empowers our users to run in-depth portfolio analysis and reporting which previously could only be accomplished by manually crunching the numbers in Excel.
As a Software Engineer on Addepar's Front End Engineering team, you will be charged with building a state of the art financial performance reporting and analysis tool. Our goal is to ensure that every engineer is in a position to create direct and lasting impact on our product, our clients, our business, and the financial industry as a whole.
The technologies we're building with are cutting edge, the software we're building is transforming an industry, and our engineers are the best and the brightest; the only thing we need is more of them.
Front end engineering at Addepar owns our product offering:
- Creating new user interfaces and workflows to simplify an incredibly complex problem
- Working through infrastructure complexities to ensure our product is fast and stable
- Developing charting and table solutions that power our financial analytic and reporting tools
- Building with the open source community to give back value and create community tiesOur Stack
- Ember Data
- Ember CLI
- JSON REST API implemented in Java
- Our own charting and table open source libraries (opensource.addepar.com)
- 3+ years experience developing large full stack user facing products.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, maintaining, updating, and testing large scale single page applications.
- High level understanding of Java and MySQL.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation.
- Ability to work smoothly with other engineers and mentor others in areas of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bias for thinking about problems objectively from multiple points of view.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of enterprise or analytic software is a plus.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.