Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
If you enjoy helping people in general but love helping co-workers then our PeopleTools team could be a great fit. PeopleTools builds apps, such as our Time Tracker app, that help over 2,000 global HomeAway employees get things done. Currently all of these are Web Apps and none of them have been ported (or can scale) to Mobile. With our rapidly growing customer (employee) base our Senior Engineering Leadership is really pushing internal Mobile capabilities and we are at the very start of this journey. In fact you will be the first hire who will jumpstart the initiative. Daunting? No. Because you'll have the support and understanding of a team who is invested in your success and will be very open to all of your ideas.
- Work with different functional groups to gather requirements for your Apps
- Work with the team to define architectural standards and processes to guide development
- Port existing internal Web Apps to iOS (and Android if you also have that skillset)
- Connect your Apps to various Restful APIs
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the development team
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience with excellent object-oriented design skills.
- 4+ years developing and deploying successful native iOS applications
- 1+ years of coding with Swift
- Knowledge of iOS internals, frameworks, tools/IDEs, testing and documentation
- Has an obsession for customer experience and an intuitive sense of what makes great customer experiences?
- Experience working in agile teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Any work on Android apps. The initial focus will be on iOS but Android apps will be added in the near future. If you don’t have, and are not interested in, Android that’s fine.
- Reference-able history of published Apps.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass