Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Global Transformation Office Client Principal Dell Technologies enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data centers using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell Technologies services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
The Global Transformation Office (GTO) will manage the overall transformation outcomes on behalf of Dell Technologies and the client, provide a single point of accountability, and leverage the delivery and solution capabilities of the Strategically Aligned Businesses (SAB), while working alongside the Dell Technologies and SAB stakeholders in delivering transformation value. General Overview This role combines vertical industry expertise and transformation experience, helping customers achieve key business outcomes in times of change. As a key member of the GTO pursuit team, the Client Principal (CP) provides innovative thought, strategic guidance and a mix of technical & business expertise to help clients accelerate their journey through the four transformations. Taking a business centric perspective, the CP should be able to differentiate Dell Tech on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of technology in solving business transformation needs. The CP provides this support to an assigned account or set of accounts in a given geography. He/she will work closely with their sales team and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next generation applications, and data analytics. The CP will build credibility and challenge traditional customer thinking to sell a long term vision as opposed to pointed solutions. The CP should be able to provide both business and technical thought leadership for the account’s C-level executives, including CEO, CFO, COO, as well as traditional IT executives. Principal Duties and Responsibilities • Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers at the CxO level
• Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives.
• Provides business & technical leadership and direction to customer and internal staff. • Works with Strategically Aligned Business peers to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
• Through deep industry expertise, communicates industry and market trends, and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell Tech's engineering and marketing organizations.
• Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
• Creates Business Value through an analysis of business transformation goals, needs, mapped against the industry, the customer’s competitors, and a thorough understanding of the customer’s financial position to show a favorable return on investment
• Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer business & financial requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
Experience/Qualifications With a solutions sales leadership background in data center infrastructure technologies, we seek a proven, hands-on sales leader with a history of collaborating with global customer executives specific to complex, transformational IT investments. Additionally, we require:
• 10+ years in IT sales or management consulting, including 5+ years in a Partner/Principal role
• Experience directly leading client executives through multi-year IT transformations sized at a minimum of $25M per transaction, starting during the pre-sales cycle thru to customer service hand off.
• Prior work on topics outside of IT strategy, including organization design, change management, and process redesign.
• Experience in orchestrating technical and sales resources to drive large customer projects in your key accounts.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills which allow you to influence and interact with confidence and credibility at all levels within the Dell Technologies strategically aligned businesses, customers, partners and vendors.
• Experience working in matrixed, complex, fast-moving and constantly changing environments within an extremely competitive market.
• Practical understanding of virtualization, big-data, security, data storage, private cloud and hyper-converged solutions, as well as the solution’s value when mapped to an account’s business needs. • Ability for overnight travel on a national or regional basis. • Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline; a MBA is greatly respected.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to drive our revenue growth as a trusted adviser to exciting clients, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.