Lead UI Software Engineer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Challenges you can work on as a Lead UI Engineer:
- Scale our web apps to more than 60k requests per second.
- Leverage user behavior data and A/B testing to better understand our customers, fostering a community of trust to incrementally increase booking conversion rates.
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps.
- Use real-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do.
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment.
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization based off user behavior and data.
- Simplify core booking and listing workflow to enhance our travelers & suppliers experience.
Technologies we use:
Node.js, React.js, Backbone.js, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, AWS, Mesos, Docker, Linux, Jetty, Samza, Dropwizard, Kafka, Java 8.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications with state of the art front end web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience.
- Mobile first responsive design experience.
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience.
- Provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making.
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders.
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code.
- Create and maintain quality software using premier tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable.
- Participate in our innersource culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization.
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.