LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma/GED required Associate degree in power plant technology preferred.
- At least six months of relevant experience required.
- Valid driver's license.
- This position requires extended working hours and varied shifts, including weekend and holiday work. The ability to be "on call" may also be required periodically.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Monitors the operation and performance of the facility while on shift: takes appropriate action when necessary to ensure compliance of safety, efficiency, environmental and administrative guidelines
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, identify operational problems, troubleshoot, make repairs and maintain equipment as required to support plant operation.
- Performs water quality testing and makes corrections to the process per known operating parameters. Chemical handling is required.
- Identifies problems with plant equipment and communicates the conditions associated with these problems to the Control Room Operator.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Potomac Energy has a strong culture of promoting from within our organization. While employees can take courses to gain certain skills, the management and leadership team help mentor and guide their career path to ensure they are moving in a direction that is of interest to the employee and to the benefit of the company.
- We further develop each member of the team with their organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and adaptability to adjust quickly and easily to new things.
LET'S TALK ABOUT US
"Let's make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Operations group operates and supports maintaining a 2X1 state-of-the-art Combined Cycle power station located in Northern Virginia. As part of this group, you will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to operate such a facility and be part of an engaged and supportive team.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.