Location: Painted Post, NY
Department: SE GP I SV RCE OPS PP
Job Grade: 07 S40 or 08 S40, dependent on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 2+ years of heavy manufacturing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience of a level 8 role. 5+ years of heavy manufacturing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 7 role.
- Ability to provide leadership to and direct/review work of +/- 20 bargaining unit employees.
- Maintains effective and timely communication between shifts, departments, and other supervisory personnel in order to support safety, productivity, quality, and promote cooperation and teamwork.
- General knowledge of - manufacturing functions, production systems, machining, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to be flexible to coordinate shift and department coverage.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Ensures effective operation of areas of responsibility on the shop floor to meet assigned goals, such as utilization and internal failure.
- Plans and schedules departmental machines to assure prompt delivery of component parts to stock for assembly/service as required.
- Directly supervises bargaining unit employees in accordance with organization’s policies, applicable laws, and Union contract language. This includes, but not limited to, training, planning, assigning, directing, disciplining, rewarding, and appraising the assigned work force.
- Ensures accurate reporting of employee time and accounts to be charged by payroll and finance.
- Assists in the development and implementation of cost and quality improvement plans.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Learning from Experiences
- Teamwork to Reach a Common Goal
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The shop floor departments are responsible for all functions of production, cost, and quality. Annual shop cost of products is $20-$60 million with value of facilities and equipment at $10-$25 million. Directly responsible for $3-$5 million worth of equipment.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.