The Dell Technologies Internet of Things Solutions Division is seeking an IoT Software Engineer to build next generation IoT products and solutions. This is a unique opportunity to grow with the evolving field of IoT and deliver significant business value to our customers in domains including Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, Agriculture, Mining, Healthcare, Retail and Smart Cities. Key to this role will be developing software to federate a better together story across the Dell Technologies product portfolio as well as integrating with assets from our strategic partners. You will work as part of an agile, globally distributed team on the latest technologies and tools and engage with technology leaders from across the Dell Technologies portfolio businesses and partner organizations.
We are looking for a talented technical professional with at least 10 years of proven experience in owning, architecting, designing, developing and delivering large scale distributed systems. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a software development team addressing a large application domain using innovative technologies and working in a cross-team and cross-geo environment.
Are you passionate to participate in something new? Do you work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build, and consistently tinker in various modules, from data ingestion, to UX, to database, and back-end design?
We have a growing team of engineers who are all eager to solve big challenges. We use various development methodologies to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, shipping code continuously and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team, and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- Provide technical & architectural leadership for the development of next generation IoT products and solutions
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies and tools for a quality output
- Architect, Design and Implement ensuring scalability, performance and security
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems
- Aid in key architectural decisions, design and code reviews
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the domain and market
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Engineering, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying product solutions
- Mentor Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes
- Aid the IoT Solutions Engineering team in building reference architectures for key IoT use cases
- Aid the IoT CTO and Ecosystem team in the evaluation and application of new technologies and partner offerings
- Engage with and influence relevant IoT standards bodies and consortia (e.g. EdgeX Foundry, IIC, OpenFog) to ensure our solutions are aligned with industry best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master Degree preferred) or relevant experience
- At least 10 years of experience with significant depth in designing and programming enterprise class products; experience working in product development organizations
- Proven track record in system-level software development including being lead architect for numerous large scale projects and feature/component lead for several complex features
- Strong background in object-oriented or functional programming design and programming
- Excellent experience in Go, Java, or C/C++
- Experience in REST, SOA, Pub-Sub, and microservice architectures
- Demonstrated experience in working with Virtualization and Containerization stacks and tools. Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems. Experience with RTOS a plus.
- Experience with DevOps procedures, Jenkins, CI tools, SCM tools like Git or similar.
- Experience with unit, integration and blackbox testing procedures and tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman, etc.
- Experience working with open source software and communities
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team
- Experience in additional languages such as Python, JS/Node and C/C++
- Experience on UI development frameworks likes AngularJS
- Experience in one or more relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with scale-out architectures such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience working with real-time embedded systems
- Experience in application management and monitoring of applications
- Experience in securing complex distributed systems
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience as a SCRUM Master is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with one or more of the following leading software offerings from Dell Technologies businesses: Dell Boomi; RSA Netwitness, SecureID; Pivotal Cloud Foundry; VMware Airwatch, NSX, vRealize, vSAN, vSphere
- Hands on experience with Kafka, KStream or other related stream processing frameworks such as Samza, Flink
- Working knowledge of IoT platforms (e.g. Azure IoT Suite, AWS IoT, Google IoT Core, SAP Leonardo, IBM Watson, Software AG Apama)
- Working knowledge of OT (e.g. field bus) and IT connectivity protocols
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.