ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect’s decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus, and referral program, and team-building outings.
Do you believe that the role of Marketing extends far beyond the creation of a lead or the closing of an account? Do you know how important it is to cultivate a long-lasting relationship with clients - beginning on the day the contract is signed? Are you convinced that the company you work for should be seen as a partner to the client from day one, working to understand the pain the client feels, chart a path for solving that pain, reviewing progress, and looking for other ways that it might help? Do you love storytelling and connecting your ideas with people? Do you see problems as an opportunity for finding solutions? Do you have experience working with the channel - enough to get programs rolling across the world in your first year while you plan to hire a team in EMEA and North America? If so...we have a job for you!
ThreatConnect is growing by leaps and bounds! And, we need a client-minded individual that will help strengthen our relationships with clients from the onboarding stage, through to renewal and cross-sell. We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented, outgoing, and ambitious Director of Client and Channel Marketing with a thirst for knowledge to help us grow even faster. Why those qualities? It’s simple - our Marketing team is doing amazing things right now and we need someone who can not only help us execute on our big plans, but who can also step into greater responsibility as the company grows. We want you to grow with us.
Reporting on-site at our Arlington, VA office directly to the Vice President of Marketing, as the Director of Client and Channel Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, producing, and managing world-class marketing programs that help our SVP of Client Success, the entire Client Success team and our various Channel Managers drive ThreatConnect forward. The person in this role will not only work closely with the greater Global Marketing team, but with our Client and Channel teams. This cross-functional partnership role will strengthen relations to ensure ThreatConnect content helps drive the company toward achieving its goals.
You are obsessed with relationship building. You understand that success is driven through the cultivation of relationships and that the company you work for must act as a strategic partner to its clients to help both parties achieve the success they desire. This relationship focus also extends to partners - as you’ll be responsible for supporting our Channel focus until you hire team members in 2022 to take on that responsibility.
You are an incredibly creative storyteller and love connecting problems with solutions. You are the type of person who gets excited by communicating value at every step of the relationship - from the point of onboarding, through quarterly progress reviews and beyond. You know how to dig deep into what the client is thinking, how to take those stories and find similarities in other clients, how to bring the voice of the client to life and how to get clients talking to one another. You’re the type of person who loves to work with others to get your messages to market and loves to harness the knowledge of the company by collaborating across functional teams.
You are a great communicator. You’re comfortable speaking with different stakeholders that have a variety of backgrounds. You listen to hear as opposed to responding. You’re as comfortable behind the scenes as in front of them - where you might be leading quarterly or annual client conferences.
You are detail-oriented. You cross all your “t's and dot your “i”s. Nothing goes unnoticed past you. You enjoy and understand the importance of the role of editor.
You live, breathe, marketing. It doesn’t just provide a paycheck and it fuels the fire of your passion that you have for it. You are genuinely interested in what you do and the impact that you have on customers, and internal and external stakeholders. Confident with a dynamic personality.
About the Team
- We are a small team that works hard, supports each other, and believes in having fun along the way (and laughing at ourselves once in a while)
- We believe in our ability to achieve our goals and as a result, we blow past them with pride. We’re ThreatConnect Marketing – we’re kind of a big deal
- We remain a virtual team (with Post-COVID dreams of in-person collaboration). We hold weekly team meetings to level-set and weekly one-on-one meetings with managers to keep us all moving in the right direction
- Exercise your creativity and communication skills to market and promote a groundbreaking approach to cybersecurity
- Take ownership of and manage distinct content marketing processes and programs
1-3-6-12 Month Plan
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Get onboarded
- Dig into the client lifecycle as it stands today - from onboarding, to reviews, to renewal processes and cross-sell strategies - looking to find all areas for improvement
- Partner with the SVP of Client Success to build out a vision that drives client engagement programs that lead to higher renewal rates, cross-sell success and that turns clients into advocates
- Work with various Channel Managers to understand their needs to support growth in sell-with, sell-through, and OEM partnerships
- Get acclimated into the role
- Learn the ThreatConnect brand voice, dissect our clients into logical groupings based on product, industry, and business needs
- Outline critical KPIs to measure the success of your coming programs
- Develop the framework for your programs and chart key dates for client engagement such as quarterly and annual client events
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Have your early program rolling - with new strategies for client on-boarding, client engagement and client cross-sell programs firmly outlined
- Drive client educations and engagement - making sure we are having conversations with our clients that demonstrate our dedication to them by tapping in to support from the Director of Content, Director of Demand Generation, and Senior Director of Product Marketing
- Have Channel engagement strategies mapped out - supporting both growth and addition of new channel partners as well as education, engagement, and go-to-market programs for existing partners
At 6 months we’ll expect you to...
- Be capable of forecasting, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on performance analytics, and recommend changes and improvements
- Recommend and execute new content, engagement programs, and go-to-market strategies based on past performance, engagement analytics, and company plans
At 12 months we’ll expect you to...
- Be completely in the driver’s seat of your role, having established processes and procedures that support client success, renewal, and cross-sell goals
- Be ready to hire additional team members to take on responsibility for Channel Marketing
- Have 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Client Marketing in technology or cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Past experience working to support Channel Marketing activities
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrates ThreatConnect’s core values: People Matter, Innovation, Integrity, and Making an Impact
- Experienced working in B2B, SaaS technology
- Experienced working in the cybersecurity industry as a Marketing professional
- Past experience managing a team of resources
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
ThreatConnect, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.