Sr Software Engineer II
We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Candidate will serve as contributor to software architecture and software development for products.The products he/she will be expected to support include complex Digital Signal Processing Programs (DSPP) and real-time embedded software as well as the associated diagnostic, analysis, and support application software.Candidate will produce software work products including various forms of documentation detailing the inner workings and interface capabilities of the software.
Typical job functions could include leadership of collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions running on real time embedded hardware (General Purpose Processors, Digital Signal Processors, etc.).Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support. You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
- 6+ years of work related experience with real-time embedded software.
- Experience spanning software architecture, design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Software development experience with C and C++
- Experience with Signal Processing algorithms or techniques.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS
- Experience with RTOS IDEs, workbenches, or equivalent development tools.
- Hardware / software integration experience.
- US Citizenship
- Previously approved for a DOD Secret Clearance or must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting*
* As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff.The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses.Not being able to secure the DOD Secret Security Clearanceneeded for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
- Experience leading small teams of software engineers.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with Software Architecture.
- Experience with Signal Processing algorithm implementation, MATLAB, Simulink, or similar modeling tools.
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.
- Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
- Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing.
Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons