SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!More Info
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
- At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
- We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
- We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
- We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
- No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Senior Manager, M&A Accounting
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Sales Excellence, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Deloitte’s Controllership function within its Finance & Administration organization provides stewardship over the US firms’ assets by monitoring business transactions and setting accounting policy that results in accurate and reliable financial statements. Controllership is a dynamic, highly-collaborative group focused on overseeing and supporting the financial health of the U.S. member firm and each of its functional subsidiaries.
The Senior Manager will bring an agile, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset that will enable them to partner with the U.S. Firms’ Controller, Lead Controllers and Finance Business Partners in delivering exceptional Controllership services to the businesses, enabling areas (EA) and the overall firm for Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures. They will lead a team focused on delivering day 1 and day 2 accounting for Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures (MA&D). The Senior Manager will ensure that the team provides timely, accurate, and insightful financial information to the respective Lead Controller, Finance Business Partners and business or EA leaders for any Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures (MA&D). To accomplish this, the Senior Manager will collaborate with Deloitte’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team, Corporate Development, Treasury, Global Finance Services (GFS), and other teams within the CAO’s organization.
This role is expected to be a career level 6 role.
Organizational and financial accounting activities
- Accounting Policy, Risk and Controls
- Lead the Controllership team across US and USI to act as a steward for their specific business or EA, ensuring MA&D controls are operating properly to maintain data integrity and financial information is reliable
- Collaborate with the US Firms’ Controller, Lead Controllers, Policy, QRM, Internal Audit and the Internal Control Group to implement accounting policy, procedures, controls, and governance relevant to M&A
- Work with business stakeholders, M&A team, Corporate Development, Finance Business Partners to evaluate MA&d transactions and support appropriate application of policy or research technical accounting positions in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
- Escalate policy, risk and/or controls issues to Lead Controllers and US Firms’ Controllers and work with them to mitigate the risk
- Assist the Lead Controller in managing key control reviews, such as, quarterly or annual process to identify and assessment of intangible asset or goodwill impairment indicators
- Review and approve journal entries and ensure transactions are consistent with policy and purchase price allocation is appropriately allocated for M&A transaction and gain/loss calculation is appropriate for any divestitures
- Review and assist in due diligence for targets and provide accounting insights to the M&A team and Corporate Development
- Collaborate with the engaged Valuation specialist and coordinate with the M&A team on valuation requests and review of valuation report for the purchase price allocation
- Drafting key accounting memos for MA&D
- Financial Close and Reporting
- Support Lead Controllers and US Firms’ Controller to execute the close in a timely manner by monitoring period close activities, highlighting any major risks/issues and the accompanying recommended actions related to MA&D, joint ventures, and other wholly owned subsidiaries off ledger
- Review quarterly and year-end close activities, including review of income statement and balance sheet for accuracy and policy compliance for both external reporting and internal management reporting related to MA&D
- Work with Finance Business Partners (FBPs), Corporate Development, M&A team and business or EA stakeholders to review and take appropriate actions on all MA&D, joint venture accounting matters
- Review the external financial reporting and internal management reporting of respective legal entities including their subsidiaries for completeness and accuracy of MA&D
- Share financial reporting insights with internal stakeholders as required
- Assist in integration support for day 1 and day 2 of acquisitions or divestitures with the M&A team, Finance Business Partners (FBPs), Corporate Development or other key stakeholders
- Assist in other Controllership activities, where applicable
- Operational Excellence
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and digitization for increasing efficiency and value delivered to Lead Controllers and US Firms’ Controller and support execution of any resulting initiatives as applicable
- Set and monitor standards for the quality of deliverables/reports owned by their team and enable team to meet or exceed the standards
- Ensure consistent financial reporting to enable better decisions by Management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by developing relationships with business or EA leaders to serve as a trusted advisor who excels in both supporting the business or EA and enforcing policy decisions when required
- Seek the voice of the customer including business or EA stakeholders, US Firms’ Controllers and Lead Controllers to anticipate and deliver on their needs and concerns
- Provide transparency into critical decisions by engaging impacted stakeholders early
- Instill confidence in Controllership capabilities by demonstrating intricate knowledge of their respective business or EA
- Ensure stakeholders across FP&A, Corporate Development, M&A team, GFS and other groups within CAO organization are informed and engaged in the execution of an accurate and timely period Close, consistent enforcement of accounting policies, and identification and resolution of system issues affecting financial data accuracy
- Support the business COOs/CFOs, FBPs, Lead Controllers and US Firms’ Controllers in analyzing and reviewing the financials specifically related to MA&D transactions
- Provide regular and actionable mentoring, feedback and professional development opportunities to team members
- Empower talent to bring an agile, innovative, and entrepreneurial ethos that will enable them to embrace transformation
- Establish a process improvement mindset across the team
- Drive a risk intelligent culture
- As part of the Controllership organization, the Senior Manager position will be responsible for all MA&D across the businesses and EA organizations
- The Senior Manager will report directly to the Lead Controller of Advisory and Consulting
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant Finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Advanced understanding of ASC 805, Business Combinations and other key accounting pronouncement; such as, but not limited to ASC 606, Revenue From Contracts with Customers, ASC 810, Consolidation, and ASC 350, Intangibles – Goodwill and Other
Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Ability to understand and support application of applicable areas of accounting policy
- Partnering/collaborating with senior leadership
- Managing virtual teams
- Process improvement, ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvements
- Change management
- Providing thought leadership
- Overseeing high-profile strategic initiatives
Technology or other Requirements
- Understanding and proficiency of SAP and other financial applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html