Senior Software Engineer
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
OpenTable’s engineering team in Mumbai contributes to a variety of OpenTable’s products including Payments, data analytics (and the ‘productization’ of analytics), onboarding and life-cycle management of restaurants within OpenTable’s systems, components of the flagship Guest Center product, and developing feature sets to increase organic viral growth of diners and restaurants: All of us are engineers, and we like to operate in a self-driven culture of ownership: You will own one or more of the product components above, working with product managers to help in scoping features, contributing towards technical architecture, primary responsibility for actual implementation of code and automated tests.
- Should make major contributions to features and bugfixes.
- Should grow into making tech architecture recommendations.
- Should become a major contributor within OpenTable’s internal ‘open-source’ method of collaborating.
- Should build responsibility as a go-to person within the team as a result of developing deep expertise in one or more services, products, and technologies.
- Deep expertise in one or more technical stacks, and a strong ‘software generalist’ ability to quickly pick up new stacks. OpenTable’s runs a service-oriented architecture, so in general we’re open to different technologies, but do expect that you will be able to come up to speed quickly on existing tech and code (We run Python, Node, Angular, Java, C# among others)
- BS/MS in CS from a Tier-1 institute, or equivalent software development work experience.
- Excellent product-driven professional record:
- Strong history of delivering, on time, products that either serve millions of users, or drive significant revenue, or both
- Strong history of constant learning and growth through your career
- Obsess about code quality, automated testing, continuous integration, code reviews
- Obsess about end-users’ experience and problems
- Great problem-solving skills and learning ability
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 35,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.