Senior Software Engineer- Consumer Platform
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in software development. We believe that quality comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles, and we deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional code in a fast-paced environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
OpenTable is looking for an experienced, impact-driven Senior Software Engineer to join our C4 team (Consumer Cross Cutting Concerns) team. The team manages initiatives that are cross cutting in nature across our consumer platform, supporting various microsites that drive revenue, improve security & performance across our platforms. We are looking for a driven and dedicated engineer, with an appetite for knowledge and a deep understanding of web technologies, their latest standards and techniques.
We have a large marketplace of diners and restaurants and want you to help make it more vibrant. We believe in aggressive decoupling of independent concerns to facilitate team independence and platform stability. Securing of our Web Platforms is a greater concern and we strive towards fast resolution against these vulnerabilities. We move quickly, release several times per day and believe strongly in TDD and automated testing to help maintain our quality and velocity.
- Build key systems that power C4 driven products along with OpenTable Engineering.
- You will dive into addressing security risks by identifying solutions to issues, articulate the importance and drive them to resolution.
- Improve performance and scalability of applications.
- Evolve our microservices/sites strategy to be easier to manage and iterate on.
What you need to bring to the Table:
- Strong experience in Java or C#
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Interested in proactively addressing web platform security concerns
- Knowledgeable in building loosely coupled, highly cohesive code
- Experience designing APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility.
- Have worked in an agile shop with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and rigorous A/B testing
- Be part of DevOps culture: automate, measure, monitor, improve uptime and MTTR.
- Experience with monitoring and reporting tools like Kibana, Grafana, and Sensu.
- Experience with Puppet and Docker.
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 35,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.