Site Reliability Engineer
At OpenTable, We are dedicated to delivering innovative products through early and continuous delivery of high quality software consumed by millions. You will work with a seasoned, talented, agile engineering team - the people you will get to know and the skills you will learn here will stand you in good stead for years to come. You will have the opportunity to shape products from inception to production in a fun, flexible and, of course, food-filled environment.
As an Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps, you will be working on OpenTable’s critical production applications and infrastructure – your mission is to keep production available and fast. You will be expected to automate the monitoring and alert systems to reduce human interventions and help provide an amazing experience to the end-users by reducing the downtime and errors in our systems.
You will be working in our mission critical assignments while handling a large infrastructure that caters to millions of user base across the world. You should be excited about working in a 24*7 environment and also happy to interact with both internal & external audience especially when they have issues related to infrastructure of performance.
- Develop and maintain scalable infrastructure components and tools for infrastructure monitoring.
- Evaluating and adding support for new operations tools.
- Development & enhancement of monitoring tools to manage services and applications developed and used by OpenTable.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of OpenTable’s services by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Using dynamic programming/scripting languages & tools , such as Python, Shell, NodeJS, to architect, implement and integrate build software and productivity tools
- Work closely with other facets of the company such as Engineering, DCOPS, Customer Service and Management, which are primarily based in India, Los Angeles, London and San Francisco.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or any other relevant stream preferably with any Tier-1 Engineering Institute
- Strong technical execution capacity in a language of your choice: Perl, Python, Java, Ruby.
- Experience with puppet or chef & AWS or other cloud system.
- Experience and strong understanding of web technologies and hands on with web development will be added advantage.
- Expertise with Unix/Linux systems, python/shell scripting. Should be strong in coding.
- Understanding of network and Security will be highly desirable. Experience with GNU make, Git, and Open Source software (preferred)
In addition, the ideal candidate has:
- A passion for new technologies and actively improving existing systems for users.
- The drive to take initiative and proactively identify opportunities for efficiency and automation
- Excellent communication skills.
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 21 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 40,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.