Sr. Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Off Platform and Internal Technology team, part of HomeAway’s Technical Operations department. In this role, you will partner with our engineers to drive solutions and execution for our two key service areas; operational support for our Off Platform (.NET) product stacks and systems management. You will focus on hybrid cloud hosted solutions and applications with an automation driven approach to deployment and configuration. A deep understanding of our .NET product stacks as well as the operational infrastructure will be key to success in this role. You will work closely with our team of software engineers and managers along with our other hosting operations teams to offer the tools and hosting required quickly and efficiently while maintaining quality of deliverables.
- Design, planning and architecture of web hosting services/processes in both cloud and on-premise data centers.
- Senior-level Windows system administration (deploy, maintain, patch/service pack application, debug, elevated support, performance tuning, monitoring, in an online hosted application environment (.NET).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory support and maintenance.
- Drive to bridge data flows from on-premise data centers and cloud platforms as we continue to migrate services to the cloud.
- Utilize automation/orchestration tools to expedite deployment and configuration of systems.
- Work with CI/CD tools to ensure that code deployments can be executed in an efficient manner across all platforms.
- Maintain standard methodologies and procedures for patch management, virus management, and operating system upgrades.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering teams and leaders across the company to contribute to our shared goals.
- Provide platform, software and systems support as an operations team member.
- Create and maintain IT document library: Change Management, SOP and internal user documentation.
- Maintain and support multiple hybrid cloud data-centers and monitoring of daily operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Technical Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior Windows Administrator role working with, in an online hosted application environment.
- Demonstrable experience with cloud PaaS/IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Demonstrable experience with automation/orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform etc.).
- Successful track record of driving infrastructure projects to completion.
- Possess a high-degree of experience deploying, supporting and managing Windows OS with a focus on deployment and configuration automation.
- Expert knowledge of industry best practice on system design.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to work independently as required.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service delivery to all levels of the organization and properly manage expectations.
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities, identify creative options and solutions, able to analyze data, and the ability to manage internal and external contacts.
- A strong focus on automation and scalability with various scripting languages.
- Working experience with version control repositories.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products highly desired (Jira, Confluence).
- On-call as needed.
Other Skills/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with coworkers in a team environment.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and quality, strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times: candor, confidentiality, tact, collaborative and resourcefulness.
- Sensitive to deadlines in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Agile learner with demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm and dedication for information technology.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.