IT Operations Engineer
SendGrid's exciting and exponential growth has presented us with a need to grow our IT Operations team. The team is responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting the technology and systems our employees use daily. SendGrid employees are presented with amazing challenges that we're solving as we achieve our mission to deliver the world's wanted email, and IT Ops is no exception. If you like to architect and implement large IT projects from start to finish using big technologies at large scale, this is your opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Maintain and deploy corporate IT solutions and systems that will scale with our product adoption, employee count, and physical footprint.
- You’ll be responsible for our core network at all office locations. Including managing and unifying multiple networks, securing traffic, and maintaining uptime.
- Performance management and optimization across all applicable tools.
- Develop solid working relationships with stakeholders including Technical Operations & InfoSec to ensure security throughout the IT environment.
- Anticipate business needs and provide world-class service with empathy, knowledge-sharing, and timeliness.
- Communicate the benefits of new technologies, services, and policies to the employee base through in-person training, whitepapers and other communications.
- You will provision, maintain, and support the equipment and services that our employees use to do their jobs. This includes computing accounts, software, infrastructure equipment, network transport and hardware.
- Keep up to date with market trends and innovative technologies that we may or may not implement in the future.
- You’ll be purchasing equipment and services from multiple vendors. Leverage vendor relationships to solve problems and/or discover new offerings.
- Mentor less experienced staff both technically and behaviorally, when applicable.
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, or related engineering discipline. Or equivalent years of experience.
- 4-8 years experience architecting and implementing scalable IT projects from start to finish.
- OS agnostic, highly proficient with and can support Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience implementing and maintaining directory services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, etc.
- Experience implementing and maintaining an SSO solution.
- Experience with Automation tools and scripting including Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Docker
- Experience with managing multi site network. Proficient in maintaining routers, switches, firewalls, access points and other related hardware. Can configure networking equipment at command line (including Fortigate, Cisco IOS, Meraki hardware).
- Experience with MPLS, VPN and other technologies used to unify and secure traffic between corporate networks.
- Experience in managing and configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience managing multiple vendors and negotiating the best pricing and terms with each.
- Experience selecting, deploying, and maintaining IP-based video and voice solutions.
- Lover of documentation (reading and writing).
- You are serious about security yet your security philosophy takes into account the need to maintain a positive company culture and give our employees enough freedom to get things done.
- Ability to travel between office locations in CO and CA and other domestic locations as needed.