Product Manager - Data Operations
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $800 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, conduct user research, prototype a new feature, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineering team on implementation. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills, are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have experience building software products and taking ideas through conception, development, launch, and adoption. You are passionate about both using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way and for the financial industry.
In this position, the product manager will be responsible for building an operations platform for a middle-back office function that facilitates monitoring and tooling for aggregation, transformation and verification of data across hundreds of data providers on a daily basis. You will be responsible for outlining a vision for the internal tooling product, working closely with your stakeholders, define your roadmap and work with engineering in building out the product. You must have experience with working with operations teams in a financial services setting in the past.Responsibilities
- Lead feature development through the entire life cycle, from concept to delivery
- Define the vision and strategy for tooling to propel the efficiency Addepar's internal operations teams.
- Prioritize potential projects through demonstrating the value to internal users
- Challenge prevailing assumptions about how problems can be solved
- Work closely with engineering, design, content, and business team members on development of requirements and feature definition
- Understand Addepar’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: data support, sales, product managers, designers, engineers, managers
- Ability to build strong, data backed arguments for projects and ideas and evangelize them within the organization
- Ability to quickly build trust and strong relationships with stakeholders
- Understand your users needs and build creative, transformative solutions.
- Self-starter that can both identify and solve problems
- Analytical ability - be entrepreneurial in taking a data-based approach
- Extensive experience in running and scaling operations teams in a hedge fund or an investment bank.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.