Vice President Portfolio Credit – Gap (L12)
Provide Credit Management direction and support for the Gap, Inc. portfolio to include credit evaluation, delinquency/loss mitigation, enforcement of Credit policies and portfolio monitoring. Provide Credit support to client, client team, and work cross functionally to ensure credit strategies are performing as expected. Ensure portfolio operates with appropriate Operating Credit and Compliance. Lead/Drive critical cross-functional and cross-client initiatives
- Work closely with Credit leaders and client teams to minimize both Synchrony Financial’s and the retailers’ credit, while continuing to grow the portfolio
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive smart growth and client satisfaction
- Use knowledge of customers, clients and credit processes to identify and mitigate any
- operational risks for the portfolio
- Prepare and present client facing and leadership team presentations
- Support driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud credit and optimize portfolio performance
- Coordinate planning cycle with client teams to ensure consistency in business plans
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years in consumer and/or commercial credit management role or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 11+ years in a consumer and/or commercial credit management role
- 1+ year SAS or comparable analytic experience
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Master’s Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent
- SAS / SQL experience
- Experience operating at a strategic level as part of a cross functional team
- Proven relationship management experience.
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.