SVP, Core Acquisition Strategies (L15)
Reporting to the SVP Acquisition and Early Lifecycle Credit Strategy, the VP Core Acquisition Strategies will lead a team focused on enterprise-wide credit strategy for account acquisition and early months on book. This includes the development of credit lines, authorizations, reissue and account closure strategies.
- Lead a team in development and enhancement of new account credit strategies that drive profitable growth for Bank and clients across the enterprise while operating within the risk appetite
- Develop and track core acquisition credit strategies at the product and client level that minimize both Synchrony Financial’s and the retail partners’ risks, while balancing the risk–reward tradeoff
- Evaluate multiple data sources to evaluate and uncover insights and integrate into acquisition strategies
- Utilize advanced underwriting techniques to optimize acquisition strategies and new account credit decisions
- Identify and communicate how acquisition actions impact overall portfolio performance (understanding portfolio and platform nuances)
- Work closely with Credit portfolio leaders to ensure strategies support both business and client objectives, while maintaining a straightforward, standardized, enterprise-wide decision structure
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive smart growth and client satisfaction.
- Support driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit exposure
- Coordinate planning cycle with portfolio teams to ensure consistency in business plans
- Oversee the growth and development of the Acquisition and Early Lifecycle Strategy organization
- Drive the enhancement of credit monitoring and report-out of acquisition metrics designed to identify credit risk exposure and effectively develop mitigants
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 10 years’ experience in strategic risk management role
- Experience with credit decision systems
- 5+ years’ experience in credit risk strategy development or enterprise analytical role in consumer credit
- 3+ years’ experience managing teams
- 3+ years of experience with advanced SAS or other similar data analytics tool
- Experience with Credit Bureaus
- Experience operating at a strategic level as part of a senior leadership team
- Background in establishing a business wide philosophy for credit, identifying internal and external events that could affect the business
- Use of advanced technical and analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Experience creating and leading organizational change
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead virtual teams
- Master’s Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.