AVP, Loss Forecasting (L10)
This role will be in the Loss Forecast team, and responsible for timely execution of the Loss forecast model(s) to prepare reasonable estimates of credit losses for the entire Synchrony portfolio.
The role will focus on organizing all necessary inputs required to run the model(s), monitoring of the inputs, and executing necessary controls during model execution to ensure no input/ assumption errors impact the model output.
- Source and organize all necessary inputs required to the run the model(s), including;
- Account level/ Portfolio level performance data from the data warehouse(s)
- New business volume assumptions
- Other exogenous inputs including macro-economic forecast
- Conduct robust monitoring of critical inputs
- Ensure timely execution of the model(s) per the established rhythm
- Maintain and execute adequate controls through-out the model run process
- Prepare alternative scenarios to aid in qualitative assessment/ range of outcomes
- Conduct analysis of Client level loss forecast
- Assist the model owner with Model enhancements, UAT, etc.
- Support Internal/ External Audit reviews
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative underpinning preferred (i.e., Risk, Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) and 3+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting, Consumer lending, or other relevant professional experience or in lieu of degree 7+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting or Consumer Lending
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in credit loss model development/ model execution in areas such as Loss Forecasting, ALLL, Stress Testing, or other areas with consumer credit impairment estimation
- 3+ years of experience using SAS (BASE/ EG) to query large databases, perform statistical analysis. Familiarity with operating in a UNIX based environment.
- Advanced EXCEL skills with demonstrable familiarity with pivot-tables, worksheet formulas, macros, array formulas, and other techniques
- Intermediate/Strong PowerPoint skills, including ability to create understandable presentations that incorporate graphs other visual aides to portray complex subjects
- Graduate degree with quantitative underpinning, MBA, CFA or other relevant certifications or designations
- Familiarity with specific Loss forecast models especially as related to credit cards
- Knowledge of external environment and common macro-economic indicators and correlations
- Familiarity with establishing and maintaining process controls for large/ complex processes
- Aptitude to organize large volume of related information from unique process cycles in a thoughtful and easy to find manner
- Familiarity with data archival practices to ensure space optimization/ easy retrieval to fulfill audit requests
- Excellent time management skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to independently present explanations of complex subjects
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Applicants external to Synchrony Financial who are currently employed on H-1B visa must have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining on their current visa term in order for Synchrony Financial to petition for an employment based visa on behalf of such applicant. L1 visa would be considered for an internal candidate meeting all requirements for the L1 and all US Synchrony Financial eligibility requirements.
Applicants holding other types of visas, such as F-1 visas, must have at least 2 years of eligibility that would permit them to work for Synchrony Financial.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.