Portfolio Credit Manager
Assume ownership of full life cycle credit risk management for several portfolios. Provide Credit Risk Management reporting and analysis for the portfolios with primary accountability for identifying and managing consumer credit risk across all components of the cardholder lifecycle via data gathering and analytics. Support and interact with the client teams and with key contacts throughout Synchrony Financial.
- Manage credit risk while supporting growth and profitability.
- Develop strong partnerships with the clients as well as internal cross functional groups. Deliver well-developed client facing and internal SYF presentations.
- Initiate and lead credit strategy enhancement projects using new development techniques and test/control processes.
- Analyze and present recommendations on new account, line assignment, sales authorization, line management, reissue and collection strategies for assigned portfolios.
- Leverage breadth of portfolio risk management experience into value-added best practices across deal structures.
- Work with Center Of Excellence teams (i.e. Collections, Decision Sciences, Fraud, etc.) to analyze performance and drive enhancements to all risk management strategies across assigned portfolios.
- Assure appropriate reporting is present to monitor portfolio performance.
- Participate in planning cycle with Finance, Client Development, Marketing, etc. to ensure consistency in business plans.
- Investigate and resolve various customer and client issues including Presidential complaints.
- Responsible for meeting sales, revenue, loss, and net income
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance, or Analytics role; or in lieu of a bachelor's degree, 9+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance or Analytics role.
- 1+ years of experience working with SAS/SQL or other related data analytic tools
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of your time
- Ability to accurately condense large amounts of information and present in a simple, cogent manner to senior level management and clients.
- Strong analytical skills, highly comfortable working in a quantitative environment.
- Experience operating as part of a cross functional team.
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals.
- Strong communication, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Client-facing experience very helpful
- Experience with consumer lending products and practices.
- Advanced experience with SAS/SQL or other related analytic tools.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.