Senior Software Engineer - APIs
If you’re the right person for the job you will bejoining the growing Cloud Services team within HomeAway’s Cloud Platform EngineeringTeam. As a Cloud Services leader, you will continue to drive HomeAway's cultureof engineering empowerment. The Cloud Services team enables developerproductivity and velocity through an automated Multi-PaaS cloud infrastructure.This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and isconstantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies. You’ll beexpected to continually learn and utilize the latest open-source toolsavailable to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public andprivate cloud environments.
As a leader you will be driving HomeAway's engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the environments used by all ofHomeAway's engineers globally. You’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the bleeding edge of cloud technologies. Our ever-growing footprint wil lgive you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a credible team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced eCommerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the services and APIs that comprise our multi-PaaS software system.
- Working with our internal business partners to gatherrequirements
- Developing enterprise multi-PaaS software applicationutilizing object oriented methodologies
- Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integrationtest frameworks for distributed systems
- Performing peer reviews, code walk throughs, and weeklydemos
- CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure componentsMust have the ability to be a self-starter and workindependently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with projectteam members through an agile development process that promotes constant teamcommunication
- Must have excellent communication skills to assist inconducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
- Programming skills – You are comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Java, Node JS,Ruby, Scala, Go
- Database skills – You understand the use cases forrelational and non-relational data, you’ve implemented code against several differentdatabase platforms.
- Development experience - Java Web Applications, ServiceOriented Architecture and Micro-Services
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, monitoringtools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
- Experience with Java and NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go,Scala, etc.
- Experience with SQL Queries, performance tuning andmanagement of map reduce jobs
- Some experience with Mesos, Docker, AWS, Azure, VMWare,etc.
- Experience with Consul, DataDog, Kafka, Splunk ,Vaultpreferred
- Committed to Open Source Projects. Please provideGithub links if appropriate
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Conduct code walk-throughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with ourleadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.