Software Engineer, Developer Support
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Many of these restaurant chains hire software development teams to create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs.
We're looking for a talented engineer and support specialist to join our team in the role of a Developer Support Engineer. You will play a significant and visible role in helping our partners incorporate online ordering into their own applications and solutions. Your primary role will be to provide developer-level support for users of our APIs. You will also be responsible for our Developer Portal (where integration partners manage their API projects), API documentation, and associated tools needed to provide an exceptional integration experience. Your success will enable the expansion of the Olo online ordering universe.
You'll work with a smart, friendly, and passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET 4.6, ASP.NET MVC 5, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy and heavy use of OSS. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
You will serve as a technical interface to our development partners, supporting their ability to incorporate Olo services into their applications and solutions via our APIs. Specifically, you will be answering daily questions from a wide variety of integration partners related to the functional behavior of our APIs and investigate and resolve problems they report with their integration.
You will evolve our Developer Portal to provide a complete technical repository of information, documentation, and tools that our partners will use to incorporate Olo online ordering into their products.
This is a unique role that requires a special combination of responsibilities: daily developer support, great documentation writing, and ability to write quality software.
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Enjoys the daily variability of a developer support role
- At least 3 years on-the-job software development experience
- Comfortable in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
- Experience developing or integrating to a RESTful API
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable industry experience
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a technical support or developer support role
- Experience with technical writing in a software environment
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.